tisdag 1 februari 2011

Part two - the Tea Box

OK, now it's time for the lid. It measures 6x6". Score it at 1" on each side. Fold and then cut as shown in the picture below.


Glue the lid. It will look like this.


This is the inside. Not so pretty, I know, but it will soon be better:)


Now it's time to use your left-overs from the base.


They will match perfectly in your lid to make it more steady. Like this:


I also added a piece of patterned paper in the middle and some lace all around the lid.

Now the top of the lid. Take out your empty toilet paper roll. Cut a piece (about ½") and decorate with patterned paper.






You also need a part that is a bit smaller. Just cut the ring open - cut a piece away and glue it together again. Then cover it with scrappaper.


Below you can see the parts you need for the lid. I have cut three scalloped circles to sit between my toilet paper rolls.


Now you just glue the pieces together.


Here I have attached a brad on top.


Here's the finished tea box.



I hope you understood my tutorial - I haven't done any tutorials for quite a while - and never in English! I hope I haven't forgotten anything!  

2 kommentarer:

Tina sa...

*tassar förbi och kikar runt lite* Ska prova på en sån box vid tillfälle (det är många saker jag vill "prova på vid tillfälle" känns det som...).

Katarina sa...

Tackar för det två. Nu ska jag bara ta mig i kragen och göra den ngn gång. Kram kram